Friday, October 15, 2010

The Practice of Yoga

I took one yoga class, several years ago, at a local YMCA.  I loved it.  So, why did I never take another class?  I have no idea!  It really doesn't make any sense at all.

So, as I begin to create this part of my life, as I work at living like my authentic self, I think that I will try a yoga class again.  I love the spirituality of it , the focus, the intentionality, the love I give myself when I do it.

In my meanderings here in the blogosphere I came across Judith Hanson Lasater's blog about yoga.  She has been practicing yoga since 1971 and has written several books on the subject. 

I love this Tweet of hers from Oct. 9th:

To practice is 2 remember the Self; to remember the Self is 2 know God;
2 know God is to be free; 2 be free is to remember the Self. Jai!

I am really looking forward to learning from her and beginning my practice.  Just the thought of it brings me PEACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment