Saturday, December 11, 2010

'Tis the Season to be Jolly! Fa La La La La

Hubby has breakfast every Saturday morning with a good friend.  This morning he came back with our Christmas tree!  Yay!  It smells wonderful!

I'll have to get my son to go up in the attic to bring down our decorations.  I really enjoy decorating the tree. It's a good thing too since I'm the one who does the majority of it.   We have a tradition of each of us putting our "special" ornament on first.  We take pictures...which look the same every year.  : )

We don't have a lot of tradions related to Christmas.  Each Christmas Eve my mother has a party which is always a lot of fun.  After the guests leave the whole family opens presents from each other.  We've done a grab the past several years that way everyone gets one significant gift instead of a bunch of small things.

I'm really excited because I bought my husband a kayak!  He's going to be very surprised.

My daughter is married with a child this year!  (Wow.  I'm too young to be a grandmother!!!  It's a ball though.)  She has her own tree and just loves it.  She said that she wants to have a tree like ours where most of the ornaments have some meaning behind them.  That made me smile.

She said it herself.  It's funny how when children grow up they finally understand the "why" behind so many things that you taught them or did.  So, those of you with young children, there is hope.  They really will get it one day.  : )

Tomorrow is another tradition.  My entire family gets together at a hall for a Christmas party.  We have a yankee swap, yummy food and Santa even comes with gifts for the young and the not-so-young!  I have a wonderful memory of my dad in his red sweater sitting on Santa's lap and laughing it up.  I miss him : (

Last weekend I went to my annual Christmas party with my  high school girlfriends.  What a blast!  We all consider ourselves blessed to have each other.

I'm off today to get the makings for the salad I'm bringing tomorrow and for the pie I make for Christmas day every year.  Yum!

Tonight I have a "class" of sorts.  I am a mosaic "artist", if you will, and I'm getting together with others to make something for my mother in law.  Fun!

I hope that you're all enjoying the season.  Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Your family gatherings sound like so much fun. Hope you enjoy all of the festivities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We really do have a lot of fun. We are truly blessed.

    Thanks Shannon : )

    ReplyDelete